Thursday, January 1, 2015

1 January, 2015 - Happy New Year

Time
It's 2015, time did zoom past fast. I am turning 39 this August and soon I will be 40.  I wonder if i can still make it in time for a baby number 2. After baby Joshua and Matthew's brief stay on earth, I have serious doubts about being able to have another baby. We didn't plan on having any kids when we got married. Ironically, this is one big regret that I have now..not starting a family earlier. But then again, thank God for Samuel. He is indeed the biggest joy in our life.


Family
They are the most important people to me in life. To put it bluntly, without them, I am nothing. Family reminds me that I am not alone in this world. We have our disagreements and tiffs now and then but we will always be family. Always.

I want to say I really, really love you.  Jeffrey, Samuel, Pa, Mummy, Jervoise, Jervis, Marvin, Sharon, Jasmin, Benjamin, Dad, Mother...
Also my Aunties, Uncles, cousins..i do feel a tinge of regret for not hanging out enough with my cousins in their growing up years. But I am thankful that they so readily accept us back into their gatherings.

Family = love :)


Friends
I do not have many close friends. Not because I'm not sociable or unfriendly. On the contrary, I can be quite a "professional hala queen". There is an on-off button that I selectively press depending on my mood and instincts. But i choose to be cold so as not to make so many friends. Because friendships require time to maintain. I do not think I want to spend so much time with people who are merely "friends". I only keep friends who do not judge each other, who will be there when the going gets rough, who will be there and weep with you silently, who despite time apart, will always re-connect easily like distance never existed.  Thank you very much for being there for me. You know who you are.


Work
Been in this company for almost eight years. There were good times and bad times. This is the same company that I joined since I started this blog. I would be lying if I say I have no feelings towards this company.
Having said that, I have just sent in my application for a mid career change, to explore social services in Singapore. If my application is successful, I will be doing two years of study at SIM followed by another two years of bond to the employer who hired me.  If this is what God wants me to do, I pray that He will open doors. Sometimes I wonder why did God download this thought in my heart, why me? I am not sure if I have the criteria of a social worker in terms of personality. I'm not exactly even temper, I can be quite impatient, vindictive and the list goes on.  But God works in mysterious ways. This time, i took the leap of faith and submitted my application.

Also, there is the online business that I am struggling to make it work out. I would really like to see it kick off..any small start is a great beginning. I need to find like-minded people, to share this dream and make it work out..for a better life style and a challenge I set for myself.


Thank You God for everything.

Concurrently, we will also try for a baby. As JFK said ~ leave it to God.
Counting my blessings everyday :)

No comments: