Sunday, August 3, 2008

3 August, 2008 - Mum's Baptism

We had to be at BBTC by 10am this morning. Mum's getting baptised. Can you believe it...my domineering mum who evoked so much rebelliousness in me by issuing me a warning that if i ever got baptised, i would have successfully got myself disowned as well. And mum is getting baptised today wor..so it is a big deal :) In fact, i suspected that i deliberately attended church and Sunday school when i was young just to spite her. I would be forgiven for such an act heehee blame it on the foolishness of youth.

She was so excited and all smiles :D Jervoise, Jervis, Elysia, Auntie Eugenia, Uncle Charlie, Auntie Molly, Grandma, Auntie Mey, Edric, Joanne, Daryl Sng and wifey, Mark and gf, Alex, Auntie SiewLan, Uncle Thomas, Qianqian, Uncle Buck, Auntie Mimi, Dad, old man, dad's friend, Jfk and me were all there to lend our support. Mum was smiling away when she was in the pool with pastor Jeffrey. Christianity has changed her. Comparing "mum now" with "mum then", i see peace in her. My relationship with mum has always been tumultuous but for the past one year, there is gentleness in her voice..and a softness in her face, a face that is truly happy from the heart...an unfamiliar sight to me in the past. Oh i am so happy for her :D

After the service, we had lunch together at this Chinese restaurant in Bedok. When we got home, Jervis, Elysia and me went to Reds in PP to get a haircut. Huge mistake for me cos i think he messed up my fringe. Eddie is the only perfect guy who can do wonders to my hair. For an instant, my hair felt violated and it's all my own fault for making a stupid decision :( shite i walked out of the salon feeling unattractive. This wouldn't have happened if i did my hair at Eddie's place.

Rubes, Yan, Gary and Edgar came over in the evening to discuss some details..and i was late cos Elysia was the last to do her hair and we still had to pump petrol and pump air to the tyres as well. So pai say...

The day ended with me eating three curry puffs for dinner..damn..so fattening and to think we had a heavy lunch.

Mum does not read my blog...nonetheless, i would like to say "i love you mummy" :)

No comments: