Wednesday, May 20, 2015

20 May, 2015 - one in six hundred and ninety-nine

I saw an article on The Straits Times yesterday that there were 699 applicants vying for 40 seats to be part of the professional conversion programme for social workers. I was really just one of the statistics. Felt a strange tinge of sadness when i read that article and i console myself that at least i managed to secure an interview with AMK FSC, a big organisation. Just that i didn't make it. I still wonder what went wrong, what was it that i say or didn't say. The HR did not reply my email asking for their feedback, asshole.

Care Corner has been contacting me to volunteer for couples in transnational marriages - a marriage between a Singaporean and a foreigner. I am not keen as it sounds very bo liao and Care Corner is one of the FSC that say they will call me up for an interview and it never happened. I feel very buay song. I want so badly to be a social worker and i was almost close to begging for a placement and i ended up at the mercy of "i can't think of an appropriate word to describe who". But when i switched to be a volunteer, which essentially means free labour at my own personal time, they call me almost everyday despite me not replying to their messages and not calling back. I know this is the harsh reality of an economically driven world but i really can't help feeling buay song.  I know i might have screwed my chance with Care Corner by being kuai lan but i couldn't help it to get even in my own childish way.  But just because i come free in this context doesn't mean i come easy. Just saying.

Seriously, according to the report, we have so many people wanting to be social workers so how is it that the industry has a lack of potential employees. That guy from AMK FSC must have got his facts wrong.  If the generation is ageing, we need more people trained in health care for elderly and if the lifestyle we are leading causes terminal diseases, we need more doctors, nurses, medical social workers etc etc  It's a booming industry! One that does not bring up the GDP growth in Singapore.

I think i might need to lie low for awhile...until I'm quite sure my name/resume has been wiped out in the records of AMK FSC and Care Corner. Maybe better luck next time.

Gosh i feel so sad. But i counter this with a new hair cut. They say when you look good, you feel good. That's true. Thanks Rubes! For going to the salon with me, i really enjoy going to the salon with you together. Because to be honest, you are bitchy enough to put your opinions across to Timen in whatever way you want while i keep the bitch in me where it's supposed to be hahahaha plus you always remind me to say NO to over the top hair styles :)

Bitches be like yay


No comments: