Monday, September 24, 2007

23 September, 2007 - Raffles the Plaza mooncakes :)

Went to our company's bowling session on Friday. Sean and me took Jin How's car there..Sean was taking part in the competition with Edwin, Rick and Jasmin so Jin How was driving fast hmmm went Escalibur with Sean, Edwin and Alex after bowling for drinks and watch some collector's item mtv. Never knew Bon Jon Jovi looked that bad with tacky tight jeans when he was young. Alex said i was not like the typical Singapore girl, with the "sei", attitide and whatever..he said i was cool just being myself...such a nice compliment keke maybe that's why i have always found it easier to hang around the guys than the gals. Not that i don't like gal pals, just that i do not like to hang around petty, guniang type of gals...cos i am pretty frank and tomboyish (i look feminine tho keke :) Then supper at Newton Circus with Sean and Edwin..,by the time i got home, it was almost 2am+ and i was freaking tired. But we had a good chat and i got to know both of them better and i am a happy gal.

This weekend, i am thinking of what defines a good Christian. If being obedient is so essential, then i am not a good one. But i feel in my own personal opinion that no matter what happens, my love for Him will not falter. And if i have to live my life somewhat like that of a nun..or close to like a nun, then i think no sooner will i start to do it my way. Yan, you are right, drinking or clubbing do not make me any less a bad Christian. Maybe i should attend bible studies in a bible college instead of from a church...so that it is very neutral and i can learn and understand the bible in a factual way and understand Christianity history in a logical way...like what Edwin said...Somehow i am beginning to feel that he is right, when pastors from different churches refer to verses in the bible, it is interpreted as whatever they are feeling..so it is considered the human way of interpretation...meaning emotions. I will need to get this straighten out.

I made dar drive me all the way to Raffles hotel to get the champagne truffle mooncakes but it was OUT OF STOCK!!! Damn! Should have gotten a few boxes when they came to my office to promote the mooncakes 2 weeks ago...had to setle for chocolate truffles from Raffles the Plaza instead...heng it taste good..though me and Jervis would have still prefer the ones from Raffles hotel arrghhh "no fish prawn also can" desparado...my favourite mooncakes are still the baked kaya ones from Bengawan Solo keke gonna get myself a box tomorrow and delight myself in some calories induced sweet happiness.

No comments: