Saturday, May 12, 2007

13 May, 2007 - Solid weekend

Haven't got enough rest this weekend again...

Left office early to have dinner with my colleagues at Marche in Vivocity on Friday and the pork knuckers were superb! There were about 20 of us and we occupied 3 long tables near the entrance...and there was a really long queue outside so imagine our stress..getting stared at by those in the queue. Headed down to Clinic in Clark Quay for drinks after that and i discovered the wonders of Martell with peach cooler haha nice drink. My first cheong session with my colleagues :) they really party hard and work equally hard as well...we seldom talk in the office because all of us are so busy trying to get work done so it's a refreshing change to see them let their hair down keke and the music was too loud to make small talk haha Anyway so much for team bonding..

Saturday - Had to go to my auntie's place to celebrate Candice's sweet 16th birthday. Got her a black leather Swatch watch with flower mortiffs printed on the strap, heng i chose black cos Grace said she likes everything not loud :) unlike the 2 of us hahaha Anyway, i ate like there is no tomorrow! Ate almost 6 of my favourite kuey pie ti, 2 plates of Uncle SengHua's fried prawn Hokkien mee, half a sting ray, 2 ang ku keuys, some satays,otahs and hotdogs, not forgeting the birthday cake! Alamak...gotta do some damage control this week...but i dun regret 1 bit keke good food is worth the errrmmm inconvenience of having to put up with a thicker waist temperory for this week muahahaha

Startling discovery for me this weekend...EVERYONE knows how to play pool in my family EXCEPT ME!!! My dad, aunties, my cousins and they are really good!!! The youngest player is 14 lo!!! I think the only people around the house who dunno how to play are me and my granny ^_^' Shucks, i am gonna learn it n play it well...or at least passable la...Gracie is leaving this week to States and when she is back, we will head down to Zouk with the kiddos keke awwwwwwwh dun i just love my family

Had to wake up at 7am this morning, go pick my bro and meet Mark in church. I am in a zombie state cos i slept at 3am...met up with frens for karaoke cum drinking seesion after Candice's party. (always also not enough sleep like that...like this i will become haggard looking sooner or later man...since i am no longer in my 20s, which means my skin cannot rejuvenate as well as before) Anyway heck it for now, we had lunch together after that and today was special...cos Jervoise open up to me in front of Mark :) anyway not gonna touch on that one, just know i am deliriously happy again this weekend ;)

We have choices to be optimistic and happy...cos it's all in your mind which attributes to your attitude. Allow yourself time to be sad, break down and be vulnerable but make sure to remember to get out of the black hole...otherwise we get sucked in deeper and deeper til we forget what's our purpose to be alive..in the worst scenerio. I always believe that life is a journey, for me to have fun, be sad, be excited, be anything and feel whatever i wanna feel, and most of all, for me to discover about myself and explore everything new...better to live life consciously, even if i am just following the flow sometimes..i might just learn something, then being absorbed with "what's life?" and forget to enjoy the experience. If the 3 of you are reading this, i hope you will be truly happy..

1 comment:

charles said...

Being a team player can work off all those guilt calories, that you believe you acquired, only you have nothing to worry about you are a fine physical athletic specimen with outstanding curves.Playing pool takes a lot of practice and time you may not have, do blame yourself for your schedules. I agree with you philosophy on being happy it is a choice, which reminds me to make my next blog on happiness. Thank you for sharing.