Tuesday, October 23, 2007

23 October, 2007 - Healthy, happy salad morning

Happy day today cos they liked my salad :) and i feel joy when i see the smiles. Simple joys of life. I wish Jin How said he wanted breakfast too...so i can make some for him as well...anyway i hope he is happier and i hope his workload is lighter...less emails...less issues as well.

Sneaked away for awhile during lunch to read the Bible under some "dunno what trees" on an uncomfortable bench. And it was hot cos the sun was shining brightly above me. And i pray for the weather not to be this hot. Was actually just testing water with my kinda bo liao request and then it became windy and cooling and clouds covering the sun. I was shocked! I felt bad for testing water...

Anyway, this sprang up in my head.
"My child, I will never forsake you."

Then after i am done with Matthew (ok half of Matthew), i flip to Psalms randomly and saw this.

Psalm 138:8
The Lord will work out His plans for my life -
for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.
Don't abandon me, for you made me.

Wah i love my new "New Living Translation Bible". It has got a pink leatherlike cover with the word "Princess" embazoned on it and silver sides. I wish it was in lilac though...or red, or gold. Best of all, it's written in simple modern day English and i am able to comprehend what i read.

Rubes, pastor are usually charismatic cos' they have the gift to preach in order to reach out to the mass. It's not cos of their charisma that people attend church (it helps to a certain extend), it's love for God and nurturing our relationship with Him. If the pastor is boring and he merely reads from the bible in a monotonous tone, we will still attend church..except that we might feel sleepy lo...and find it hard to absorb what is being preached. Remember the pastor from school days? wah i really have to pinch myself to stay awake...and half the time i was day dreaming...waiting for the next hymnal song hahaha And i think i attend church cos i wana learn more and ensure that i don't backslide this time. It's like i have a father-daughter relationship with God and going to church is to remind myself not to take Him for granted. Cannot only go to Him when i need help...i must do my bit too, know what i mean? :)

I was very upset when i attended the wedding dinner last friday. Jeff's family were sort of like condemning Christians..saying that Christians like to force others to church bla bla bla (by the way, the bride is a Christian) and i was stuck in a table with 9 others talking bad about Christianity. But they were all my elders and i lanlan, kept quiet cos' i do not want to argue in a wedding dinner. Let's just say they have been very unfortunate to have met some persistant Christians who probably tried to stuff it up their throat. But not all Christians are like that. Didn't buddhism taught about humility and being compassionate too...wrong to judge. Buddhism is pure and there should be no killings. So offering a killed chicken and roast meat is incorrect, this is taoism. It is always humans, with their own two cents worth of inputs, who complicates matters.

Rubes, you are right. Perhaps Christianity is the most "outspoken" of all the religions, therefore, the most hyped about.

1 comment:

charles said...

Thank you again for sharing. Your bloggings are most interesting.