Monday, November 26, 2007

25 November, 2007 - Clueless?

JFK sent me to church this morning and i was early. Thank God cos' i can go get breakfast at Hans. We have a guest speaker today, Pastor Ong Seng Liang. Topic today is about how men can actually be rather flippant in our relationship with God.

Man A: Are you going to church next week
Man B: Dunno lei, see how la, if not busy can go lo
Man A: Can like that wan meh?
Man B: Aiya, if go holiday then cannot go church oso ma

I think he meant that we view going to church as an obligation rather than something we really want to do.

Anyway, for the past two weeks or so, i feel that have been praying less and spending less time reading the bible. And last week at church was a complete mess for me...cos' i was not really paying attention. Today's topic was good...cos i am reminded that i should start spending more time with Him again. Eric,fellow CCSS volunteer, caught me sitting at a corner day dreaming and insisted on praying for me. Did not have much of a choice cos' he walked over, grabbed both my hands and say "let's pray"...but i was really touched by what he did. Because as usual, i was struggling on whether if i should walk up to the altar and reaffirm my faith but somehow, my feet are always glued to where i am standing. He prayed for me to find my directions and leave all to God...that i will always have His blessings, that He loves me for who i am, that i will always have peace and that i will always have faith in Him. Maybe He sent Eric to pray this prayer for me..i have been in a really restless mood for some time again, not because life is too good and i am too free to feel this way. Life is good..true.

Daryl,let's meet up soon now that you are back from Shanghai. Where is my 小笼包?

Went to Stephen and Elaine's new place for dinner this eveng. There were 4 babies who were born this year and the whole place was filled with kids! As i listen to the babies cry, shit, drink milk and crawl, i am reminded of why i have no interest in having my own kids. While it was fun to carry them around for AWHILE, i think i will go crazy if i am stuck with babies' cries...i really cannot handle it man wah sai... i supposed the biologial clock has disappeared...just when it barely appears hahaha i love babies and kids when they are not mine ;)

No comments: