Sunday, June 10, 2007

10 June, 2007 - Good bye antiques

As i was listening to the pastor preached today, i thought of my Bak Bak sistas. Haven't been catching as often cos of the word "busy" but when our Godson is born, we will be very busy showering him wif all our loves :) Yan, we will do what we used to do...hang out at some tavern and you can have your fair bit of beer keke you can really drink all you want to make up for abstaining from alcohol during the whole term of your pregnancy ;)

Went to see an acupuncturist wif Jervoise today cos he has injured his shoulder. The lady asked to feel my pulse on my wrist and on my ankle...then she came up wif a description of me...i am amazed..not sure if she is just psychic or what..

1) Impatient
2) Active, Energetic, Playful
3) Over active brain
4) Very warm bones (??)
4) 身体寒冷
5) 象小孩,容易哄
6) Small womb and narrow hips = 会有难参
7) 有点自闭症 (???)
8) Fast and smart
9) Might get osteoporosis
10)Back problems
11)Throat problems

Seriously speaking, i wonder how can she just come up wif these just by feeling my pulse and looking at me. Then she proceeded to say i must have been a very queer child cos i did not like playing wif other kids when i was young (cannot remember liao anyway) And she said i change my mind and thinking very fast, too fast for others to catch up wif...and others have 双重性格,but i have plenty!! Said i have many different types of characters in me and i will get lost because of this..cos i think too much and i am complicated...so because it is not easy for anyone to understand me, i look for people who are like me so that they can understand and know me. (i've really got to agree on this point..cos when i find someone whom i can really connect wif, it's for keeps and i will treasure the relationship...) She is darn good lo, i am impressed but i am also freaked out by her. She reminds me of a tarrot card reader that i went to a few months ago. Intense and dark looking eyes..funny how i always feel uncomfortable about such eyes but yet i am drawn to them as well keke anyway, i am not going back there wif Jervoise...at least not in the near future...no time to get sussed and suss a total stranger now.

Mummy bought an L-shaped fabric sofa made in Belgium for our new place. And some guys came to pick up our antiques, a whole set of oriental pieces, to be sent away to my Dad's uncle. I watched them wrapped the chairs and tables in layers after layers of protector and i felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness. These furniture has been wif us for many, many years..think from since i was a little girl. And i remembered that mummy would make me polish them wif a can of nice smelling lemon spray for wood when i was in my teens. Today as i watched them being carried out of our door, i realised that i have actually grown quite fond of these antiques...tho me and my brothers have never really learnt to appreciate their beauty and since the "Nua" factor is zero, we seldom spend time in our living room.

人就是这样,拥有的时候不会珍惜,矢去了才觉得可惜。。。




Anyway, i realised that i should not get too attached to anything or anyone...the secret of happiness in life is to enjoy everything and attach yourself to nothing.

1 comment:

charles said...

Thank you again so much for sharing. by the way, I love that picture.